Friday, April 1, 2011

Homebrew

So about a month ago, our friends invited us out to brew our own batch of beer. There is a local bar here, The Brew Kettle that lets you brew your own beer. You basically pick out the kind of beer you want, and they provide everything else for you. We decided on an oatmeal stout. So this Saturday it is time for bottling! I am excited to hang out with friends while we bottle and taste the beer we have brewed. As part of the process, we are supposed to design our own label. My friend Mike, aka Chewy, came over and helped me with this last night. He has been teaching me the ins and outs of Photoshop and encouraged me to design the label. It was fun!! Here are the results:


Our beer was named after Chewy's dog, Bella. She is a true cat-dog! She really acts like a cat. She doesn't bark. She is a scaredy-cat, afraid of things that dogs usually aren't. And she likes to curl up to a ball of yarn. So it seemed fitting to use her for the label.

Here is a pic of me and Chewy designing. He brought his Mac over. We designed and ate homemade granola bars. It was fun :)


Stay tuned for more pics of bottling day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment