- Never littering.
- Reusing plastic sandwich bags.
- Using a clothesline instead of a dryer.
- Taking canvas bags to the grocery store.
- Recycling everything we can.
- Biking when possible.
- Reducing our waste as much as possible.
- Shopping at the thrift store.
- Use energy saving light bulbs.
- Reusable water bottles/don't buy plastic ones
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
It's Not Easy Being Green
Kermit the Frog said it best, "It's not easy being green." Even if he wasn't talking in ecological terms,it still rings true. Reducing our carbon footprint and being mindful of how we treat the earth is not important to a lot of people. Just take a look at the yard in my apartment complex. Cigarrette butts and trash are thrown everywhere. It sickens me. We need mother earth. She does not need us. We destroy this planet without any thought of how it really affects us. I hate when my friends throw gum on the ground, or trash out their car window. It's so wasteful and mindless. Anyhow, it made me think of what I do differently. It really is the little things that matter.Here is a list so far: