Friday, July 22, 2011

Foodie Friday: Spanish Noodle Skillet

I tried this recipe for the first time this week. It turned out pretty good, so I thought I would share.
You Will Need:
1 lb of beef (I prefer grass fed)
1 small onion, diced
1-2 bell peppers, chopped
1-2 cups of noodles (I used whole wheat elbow macaroni)
2 cups of tomatoes, pureed in food processor or diced well
1-2 t. of paprika
1 t. basil
1/4 t. oregano
3/4 c  water
*bacon is optional but adds that extra kick (I used 5-6 strips)

To Prepare:
1. Cook pasta according to directions on box.
2. Brown the beef.
3. Cut up veggies and cook bacon while doing steps 1 and 2.
4. When beef is done, drain excess fat. Put back in skillet and add spices, peppers, onions, water and tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 10 min.
5. Add cooked noodles, stir well, cover and simmer for 5-10 more minutes. Top with bacon.
Manja!

No comments:

Post a Comment