Friday, July 8, 2011

Foodie Friday: Coconut-N-Garlic Chicken w/ Broccoli and Asparagus

What's for dinner tonight? Spice up the normal chicken dish with some coconut oil, garlic and paprika. I have been cooking with coconut oil instead of olive oil lately. There are numerous benefits to using coconut oil, but I really just love the taste.
To Make Chicken:
Heat coconut oil over medium heat. I like to saute some onions and garlic in the oil too. Throw chicken in and cook til done. I add broccoli on top the last few minutes of cooking until it turns bright green.
For the asparagus:

In a separate pan, I again sauteed more onions and garlic in the coconut oil over medium heat. Then I add asparagus. Sprinkle paprika on top. Cook til asparagus is tender.

Paprika is a new favorite spice of mine. It has antioxidants and adds that perfect sweet spice to any vegetable. I didn't really measure any ingredients. Just went by taste. Don't be afraid to experiment and have fun with it!Manja!

(Oh and excuse the crappy cell phone pics. I need a new camera, bad. )

No comments:

Post a Comment