Monday, July 11, 2011

Concert Review: SADE

I can't get Sade out of my head. I saw her perform last Saturday at The Q in Cleveland. She was simply amazing.Brilliant. Beautiful. One of the best shows I have ever been to, and worth every penny. Her music is a mix of R&B, jazz and soul. Backed by a band that included guitar, bass, drums, sax and more, the mood was set for an impeccable performance. And perform they did, practically sounding better live than on the albums. The visuals were stunning as well. There were 2 giant screens on either side of the stage, zoomed in on Sade and other band members. The backdrop screens were filled with videos and other graphics that went right along with the music. If you want to see for yourself, check out this video of "Cherish The Day." The juxtaposition of her red dress with the black and white background is pretty cool.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzpyQ5NGZik

Here's a review of the show from the Columbus Dispatch:
http://bit.ly/q3jDck

I am very happy I got to see Sade. You should go if you get a chance. You will not be disappointed!!
Smooth Operator

No comments:

Post a Comment