- Find a good artist. This is really the key to your perfect piece of ink. Ask around. Check reviews. Do some research here. This is a big one.
- Give your artist some creative freedom.Sure, it's good to come in with an idea of what you want. Maybe even an exact reference. Still, always leave the tattooer room to tweak it. Why? They are the expert and the artist. They probably see something you don't. They will understand what works best, so give them some control.
- Go in sober. Don't drink. No drugs. Nothing. Let your body do it's thing.
- Eat. Don't go in on an empty stomach. Bring water and hydrate as well.
- Forget about the pain. Focus on something else. Engage in conversation. Watch a movie. Listen to music. Text someone. The first 10-15 minutes are the most intense, and it gets better from there.
- Breathe. Try and relax. Enjoy the experience.
- Talk to your tattooer about aftercare. One of the most important parts to ensure the life of your ink!!
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
7 Things To Consider Before Getting Tattooed
Thinking about taking the plunge and getting inked for the first time? Or maybe you are considering a 2nd or 3rd tattoo and want it to be better than your first? Let this motto be your friend " A good tattoo isn't cheap, and a cheap tattoo isn't good."