Friday, July 15, 2011

Foodie Friday: Crock Pot Sausage and Peppers

I love my crock pot. It makes cooking easy. Just toss it in and leave it for a few hours! Here is my recipe for Italian Sausage and Peppers. Use whatever seasonings you prefer.
You Will Need:
1 lb of sausage browned (I like to use nitrate-free turkey sausage)
3 or 4 bell peppers
1 large onion
4 cloves of garlic
one can of diced tomatoes
one small jar tomato paste

To Prepare:
1.Brown the sausage. Chop up your peppers and onions while sausage is cooking.
2.In a greased crock pot, layer onion, peppers, sausage, onion, peppers. I also like to add some baby spinach into the mix.
3.In separate bowl, mix the diced tomatoes, garlic, tomato paste and 1/ 2 cup of water. Top with whatever herbs/seasonings you desire. Stir well and pour over everything in crock pot.
4.Cook on low for 5-6 hrs.
I like to eat the meal with quinoa. The sauce soaks into the quinaa quite nicely. You could also make a sandwich with it or add rice to it. Manja!

No comments:

Post a Comment