Monday, July 25, 2011

Apartment Living: My Porch Garden

Do you live in an apartment? Don't have a yard for a garden? If you have a porch or balcony, think again! It is possible to grow your own food with minimal space. Time to get creative! Don't let your small space compromise your health.

My "garden" on the balcony.
 From left to right, aloe plant, mint plant, pepper plant and tomato plant.

Peppers are ready!

Tomatoes are not quite ripe yet. 

Aloe is good for burns.


Mint is good for mojitos!

Also growing, but not pictured, in the window of our spare bedroom: lavender, hot banana peppers, and an herb mixture. These are still in the early stages. My advice would be to start small, one plant at a time. I looking forward to eating my very own organic food soon! You can do it too. Your body will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment