Friday, May 6, 2011

Why I Have A Pet Snake

I have never been a dog or cat person. Call me weird, crazy, whatever. It's true. I usually don't identify with social norms, and the whole pet thing goes right along with that. After seeing this Rosy Boa at the local pet store numerous times, we (my hubby and I) finally broke down and got her. We had been wanting to have a pet snake again for a while now. The timing never seemed right. Now it is! I'm excited to have some more life in our home :)
Why do I like snakes so much? Here's a list for you:
  • They don't bark or make loud noises.
  • They don't pee or poop on your floor.
  • They don't leave fur all over your house.
  • They are friendly and will just chill and hang out with you.
  • They feel SO cool when they move.
  • You can control how big they get. She is going to stay nice and small.
  • Easy to take care of and don't require much work. 
  • They are ancient and old and there is something primal about them.
  • It's not a cat or a dog!!

We decided to name her "Cinnamon." Partly because of her coloring,and partly because of a favorite Neil Young song. :)
    First day we got her!



    Chilln' around my thumb!





    No comments:

    Post a Comment