Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sweet Potato + Quinoa Burgers

I did a quick internet search for this recipe, and found, oh, so many recipes. I finally just had to pick one out of the bunch. The one I picked claimed to have the secret recipe to "non-mushy" burgers. Who wants mushy burgers?? Not I!  Whoa. Close call. Here is my take on the recipe:

What You Will Need:
cooked sweet potatoes
cooked quinoa, cooled.
1 TB ketchup
1 TB curry powder
oats (not the instant kind)

Okay, so I played with the amounts. I only had one sweet potato in my house. So I only used one. I only cooked 1 cup of quinoa, but only used about 1/2 cup of it. I just played with the quinoa/swt pot mixture until I thought it was even. Then add onions, and seasonings/ketchup Blend them in a food processor or mash together well. Then I slowly add the oats in until the mix wasn't so sticky. I didn't measure it out.  Make into patties. Here's another secret to non-mushy burgers:put patties in the freezer for 20 min or so before you bake them. This helps with the stickiness factor. I then baked the patties in my toaster oven. You could cook on skillet as well. (I only had 3.5 patties)

 This was a super easy recipe and turned out delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment