Thursday, September 29, 2011

If You Don't, Who Will?

It's midnight! So why am I blogging now? (Actually, it's 12:28 a.m.) I suppose it's the night owl in me. (Even though I do need to get up early tomorrow). Anyway, I was playing around with the design on my blog, and it got me thinking about why I started blogging in the first place. I was transitioning over to cleaner, healthier foods and wanted an outlet for it. And I realized I haven't posted much more about the subject, besides recipes. I really have made some major changes in my eating habits. Here are the big ones:

  • I have been eating more fruits and veggies in general. 
  • I have been eating organic and local whenever possible. 
  • Eating only grass-fed beef.
  • Eating only free-range eggs.
  • I never buy bread anymore and hardly eat it. I really don't miss it either. 
  • I never buy lunch meat, hot dogs or any kind of processed meats. 
  • I stay away from overly processed foods in general.
  • Steer clear of anything artificial. Preservatives, additives, colors and all those yucky things. 
  • I snack on almonds, dried fruit and veggie chips.
Of course, it took some time and money to get here. It's not always cheap. But it is worth the price of my health. Overall, I really do feel better. And I also believe everything in moderation. I still eat pizza. I even buy frozen ones. I do try to get a healthier brand. I still love popcorn and licorice. I just eat a lot less of it. And I really don't try to eat that good when I go out to eat, mainly because I don't eat out a lot.


Are you looking to make a change? Baby steps! Start by replacing your breakfast with oatmeal or eggs. Eat a salad or yogurt at lunch. And add more veggies to your dinner plate. Cook more. Eat less processed foods. Drink lots of water too. We all owe it to ourselves to nourish our bodies! If you don't, who will?

No comments:

Post a Comment